What's new with the PSI:Biology-MR
- 02/24/2016 :
The FlyBi Consortium announces the release of a collection of Drosophila clones and can be ordered as a complete collection.
- 01/15/2016 :
The Xenopus ORFeome is announced in an article in Developmental Biology. This collection contains 8,673 Xenopus clones and can be ordered as a complete collection or you can search for individual clones.
- 05/28/2015 : 681 New PSI:Biology plasmids added to DNASU. 675 from the Midwest Center for Structural Genomics and 6 from the Northeast Structural Genomics Consortium.
- 04/09/2015 : 868 New PSI:Biology plasmids added to DNASU. 776 from the Midwest Center for Structural Genomics; 48 from the Center for Membrane Proteins in Infectious Diseases; and 43 from the Northeast Structural Genomics Consortium. 16 University of Utah.
- 12/19/2014 : 530 New PSI:Biology plasmids added to DNASU. 404 from the Northeast Structural Genomics Consortium; 86 from the Midwest Center for Structural Genomics; 39 from the Center for Membrane Proteins in Infectious Diseases; and 1 from the New York Structural Genomics Research Consortium.
Over 4,500 new PSI:Biology plasmids are now available from DNASU. These include plasmids from the biological partners Mitochondrial Protein Partnership (MPP) and Structure-Function Studies of Tight Junction Membrane Proteins (TJMP) as well as the high throughput centers MCSG and NESG.
Have you had a chance to look at our new Resources section. We have information for scientists about our plasmids and the PSI:Biology and resources for educators to use in their classrooms.
- 6/12/2013: Take a look at our new?Browse Features. Browse by author, species, collection, biological function, and vector features!
- 2/5/2013: We now have new pricing for plasmids. Plasmids are $43 each for academic and non-profit researchers and $53 each for companies.
- 11/5/2012: Over 63,000 PSI plasmids are available from the Materials Repository, including nearly 100 empty vectors
- 10/15/2012: DNASU was voted "Best Supplies for your Genetic Experiments" in Phoenix New Times 2012!
- 9/26/2012: DNASU just launched new and improved plasmid and vector detail pages. These include on the fly protein translations, a dynamic vector mapping feature, and clear information about protein expression and protocols. Check it out and let us know what you think!
- 10/13/2011: We have received requests for over 1000 PSI plasmids!
- 9/28/2011: Over 50,000 PSI plasmids are available in DNASU, representing over half of all plasmids created for PSI-2. Lots of expression plasmids that can be used for your research today!
- 9/8/2011: 1,800 new PSI plasmids added to DNASU. Also look for our new collection of glyco-enzymes created in collaboration with Kelley Moremen at University of Georgia.
- 7/11/2011: Over 1,600 new PSI plasmid added to DNASU!
- 4/27/2011: Shipping costs have increased to $15 for domestic orders and $30 for international orders to reflect increases in FedEx charges.
- 3/21/2011: Join our group on Linkedin and Like us on Facebook of the latest news, updates and promotions!
- 3/14/2011: New Plasmid of the Month highlighting C-terminally His tagged vectors from MCSG.
- 3/14/2011: Join our new group on Linkedin. Get news, updates, and community dicussion all in one place!
- 1/24/2011: Over 2,700 PSI plasmids from NESG, NYCOMPS and MCSG now available in DNASU making over 39,000 PSI plasmids available!!
- 12/1/2010: Check out our new and improved Vector Search to find plasmids based on vector tag, promoter, selectable marker, expression system, and cloning system.
- 11/30/2010: 1,222 new PSI plasmids from NYCOMPS, MCSG, and JCSG are now available in DNASU! Now over 36,000 PSI plasmids are available in DNASU!
- 11/17/2010: Two new bacterial expression plasmids from NESG available in DNASU. Check out pET15_NESG and pET21_NESG
- 11/8/2010: 1,488 new PSI plasmids in DNASU!
- 9/7/2010: 1,800 new PSI plasmids available in DNASU. Search our collection of over 32,000 PSI plasmids today!
- 8/30/2010: Check out our Recovery Act story on the NIGMS website about our new Nexus Freezer storage system!
- 8/17/2010: Mycoplamsa expression vectors from CESG are now available. See our PSI Empty Vector list for more information.
- 8/17/2010: Over 1,500 new PSI plasmids from MCSG, CESG, JCSG, and NESG are now available in DNASU!
- 7/13/2010: Over 7,800 new PSI plasmids from MCSG, JCSG, NYSGXRC, and CESG were just made available on DNASU. Search our collection using the PSI:Biology-MR search.
- 7/13/2010: Five new bacterial and cell free expression vectors from CESG and NYCOMPS now available at DNASU: pVP65K, pVP68K, pVP80K, pVP81K, pEU-HSBC, and pNYCOMPS-TH-ccdB (C-term.). Check out all 61 of our PSI vectors today!
- 7/8/2010: Want to update your account or change your password? You can do this using our new "Update Account" option under the "My Account" tab
- 6/21/2010: Over 3,500 new PSI plasmids added to DNASU making over 21,00 PSI plasmids available!
- 6/11/2010: Seven new yeast and bacterial expression vectors added to DNASU. See here for an overview of all PSI Empty Vectors or visit DNASU to request an empty vector.
- 6/7/2010: Over 800 new PSI plasmids added to DNASU making nearly 17,500 PSI plasmids available!
- 5/5/10: DNASU now accepts credit card payments! To order using credit card, choose the credit card option at checkout and follow the instructions. All credit card payments are processed by Quikpay.
- 4/6/10: The DNASU sequencing facility, which is associated with the PSI:Biology-MR and DNASU plasmid repository, will be offering Next Generation DNA Sequencing. This new technology supports applications such as High Throughput DNA Sequencing, Genome Wide Association Studies (GWAS) and Gene Regulation Analysis.
Email Jason Kramer with questions or to place your project in queue. Discounts may be available for initial projects!
- 3/30/10: Visit the PSI:Biology-MR poster at the ASBMB Annual Meeting in Anaheim, CA. We will be presenting Monday April 26, 2010 between 12:30 and 1:30PM with program number 650.1 at board B15. Also hear more about PSI:Biology in a panel discussion (session #2435) on Tuesday April 27 at 12:30-2:00 PM, which will include Dr. Joshua LaBaer (Director, PSI:Biology-MR)
- 3/30/10: Visit the PSI:Biology-MR poster at the 2010 NIGMS Workshop: Enabling Technologies in Structure and Function in Bethesda, MD Monday April 19 to Wednesday April 21.
- 3/24/2010: The PSI:Biology-MR is now on Facebook. Become a fan to get regular news and updates about the MR.
- 12/30/2009: Over 800 new PSI plasmids added to DNASU making nearly 17,000 PSI plasmids available!
- 11/13/2009: See our recently published paper in Nucleic Acids Research about the PSI-MR and the Expedited MTA process: Protein Structure Initiative Material Repository: an open shared public resource of structural genomics plasmids for the biological community
- 10/9/2009: Visit DNASU to see our new features: Plasmid of the Month, Functional Sleuth, and PSI:Biology-MR Empty Vectors (overview here)
- 10/9/2009: We have begun distribution at DNASU!
- 10/9/2009: Updated prices! Now plasmids for PSI researchers are only $26/plasmid and for all other researchers only $37/plasmid. See here for details.
- 6/15/2009: The PSI:Biology-MR has moved to Arizona State University's Biodesign Institute. Dr. Joshua LaBaer, Director of the MR, will be the Director of the Piper Center for Personalized Diagnostics. See the news story here.
The scientific liaison for the PSI:Biology-MR will be attending and presenting at the following meetings:
- American Society for Cell Biology Annual Meeting
December 11-15, 2010 in Philadelphia, PA
Stop by if you have any questions or to hear about our latest updates